Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Fighter

" 'Cause if it wasn't for all that you tried to do, I wouldn't know
Just how capable I am to pull through
So I wanna say thank you
'Cause it

Makes me that much stronger

Makes me work a little bit harder
It makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter "

Do you have a song that really gets you pumped? Makes you want to fist pump the air and keep on pushing through? That makes you want to jump for joy, and keep on moving? That brings out your inner mongrel?

I do - and for me it is this one - "Fighter" by Christina Aguelira
If I'm out running and this comes on, I pump my legs and arms faster, jump into the air, and sing out loud. Really LOUD. It fills my body with adrenalin and my heart with joy. It makes me want to scream to the world "I am ME - watch out, here I come!" 
I know it's an 'angry' song, but it is about moving on and owning it.  I just love it. 
It is EMPOWERING. 
It is BOLD.

And when I'm singing it out loud (with my earphones in, so I can't actually hear me - sorry people!) I always change this line: "Made me learn a little bit faster" to "Make me run a little bit faster"... Corny I know, but it works for me!

So if you see me out running, or doing a workout, and I am fistpumping the air and singing out loud - sing it with me, I am singing it with joy and passion, not anger.

THANKS FOR MAKING ME A FIGHTER





So what's your song that 'speaks' to you at the moment?



1 comment:

  1. So proud of you Trace.......and you go sing that song even louder girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete