Thursday, December 6, 2012

Doing what is best for me and my life

"People know your name, not your story. They’ve heard what you’ve done, but not what you’ve been through. So take their opinions of you with a grain of salt. In the end, it’s not what others think, it’s what you think about yourself that counts. Sometimes you have to do exactly what’s best for you and your life, not what’s best for everyone else."
Truer words I haven't seen lately
Very very applicable to me right now
I will be sharing much more of my story with you, I think I need to. Not for you. For me. So I can get it out there. 
Remove some of the hurt. 
Disclose some of the back story. 
Work through some of the shit.
I need to think about myself with respect and integrity. With honour. With a sense of amazement at the damn fine woman that I am. Because I am a damn fine woman - and pretty darn incredible too :)
Watch this space...
 

6 comments:

  1. Well done Trace. Go leave that shit out on that road that you run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks heaps! It has been the support of people like you that gets me through Jacqui xxx

      Delete
  2. What you've achieved is nothing short of amazing with the things you have work around. You've shown that it can be done, the right way - by respecting your body for the miracle it is, flaws and all ;)

    You are amazing and I'm truly looking forward to reading more of your story Tracey. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vikki - and you know what? It really is about respect - how awesome are we!

      Delete